Thursday, April 13, 2017

Feature Student: Anne Marie Hagerty

I am a broadcast journalism major with a music and history minor from Raleigh, NC. I volunteer with Musical Empowerment, a nonprofit that provides free music lessons to kids on campus and works as their video production intern. I enjoy painting, singing, dancing, photography and running.
I grew up in small, rural North Carolina towns and witness immense need in my local schools and communities. Many of the childhood friends I knew as talented and curious children have gone on to careers in drugs and crime because those traits and talents were not fostered. An organization working to provide mentorship or teaching a skill set could have changed the narrative of some of my friend's lives, which is why I think philanthropy is important.

1 comment: