Thursday, April 20, 2017

Feature Student: Myra Waheed

Name: Myra
Hometown: Goldsboro, NC
Major: Political Science, Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies minor
Waheed

Why'd I take HBEH 611?

I applied to take this class because I was interested in learning about the contemporary scale and strengths in the philanthropy sector in the United States. I wanted the opportunity to study sustainable service and learn about the returns and frameworks that foundations have used to grow their mission model. On top of the interesting curriculum and set-up, I found this course to be valuable in its tangible grant-making experience. It provided useful management insight about what it is like to support and evaluate grant requests made from nearby organizations.

What committee?
I joined our benefactor's student liasion ambassador program for the Learning By Giving Foundation. It has been personally rewarding to share and note the experiences of the participants in this course and for the Learning By Giving Foundation to see the utility of this course in our undergraduate program at UNC Chapel Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment