Thursday, April 6, 2017

Feature Student: Claire Boyd

I'm a political science and global studies major from New York City! I'm most interested in studying the intersection of philanthropy and the public sector, looking at how different types of funding and institutions address societal issues. I'm an undergraduate fellow with the Parr Center for Ethics at UNC and work closely with a community center north of campus called RENA that helps the Roger Road area with a wide variety of services. After hearing about the course from a friend, I was excited to apply because I was curious to learn about philanthropy from a more academic, top-down perspective. I have little experience with foundation work so was really thrilled to have an opportunity to learn by experience.

I'm on the data committee which mostly deals with the assessment of grant applications after we've received them. I've helped create the rubric for evaluation and the process in which we can decide where to invest our funds. I've learned a lot and look forward to the rest of this informative process!

No comments:

Post a Comment