Thursday, April 6, 2017

Feature Student: Nicole Moore

My name is Nicole Moore and I am currently a sophomore at UNC Chapel Hill studying human development and family studies and have a minor in French. In the fall of 2017 I was accepted into the combined BA/MA education program and look forward to hopefully being an early education teacher in the future. I am an out of-state-student from Louisville, Kentucky so coming to UNC was a big move. Since starting school here I have joined Alpha Phi Omega, the community service here at UNC, where I have met amazing people and been able to reach out to other parts of the community. Alongside my service in APO, I have been volunteering in the UNC children’s hospital every week in the pediatric playroom. It is a great way to volunteer in the community and to work with kids.
I applied for this philanthropy course at UNC because I had taken a very similar class in high school. In the current philanthropy class, I am on the Class Committee and am one of the people in charge of facilitating discussion, taking notes, and helping to move the process of review along smoothly. So far I am really enjoying the class and am looking forward to reviewing the grants and seeing how we can help more programs in the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment