Thursday, April 6, 2017

Feature Student: Mike Caragher

Hello! My name is Mike Caragher, and I am a senior Business Administration major from Concord, NC – home of NASCAR, the biggest Bass Pro Shop in NC, and an unfortunate amount of traffic. When I'm not studying, you can usually find me playing soccer on Hooker Fields or hanging out with friends at Pint Night. As a Carolina student, I have been fortunate enough to collaborate with many brilliant Tar Heel leaders and serve on the executive teams of great organizations such as Community Empowerment Fund, Apples Service-Learning, and Delta Sigma Pi business fraternity. My role as APPLES Co-treasurer and CCPS Advisory Board Member has been my most rewarding, as I received a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to fund and operate community impact projects and sustain community partnerships. The opportunity to further explore and learn from these challenges encouraged me to enroll in HBEH 611. Since joining our class “board” in January, I have collaborated with the writing committee to craft a RFP and grant application and participated in conversations regarding the application review process. The opportunity to talk with Philanthropic professionals, engage in dialogue about immigrant needs, and evaluate best practices in the grant space has been especially constructive for our foundation. I'm looking forward to reviewing the applications and funding impactful projects in the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment